Friday, August 14, 2009

Outta here for a week...


...unless we get a good connection somewhere, which is unlikely. We'll be off the grid until next Saturday, then I'm gone another five days on the Northern Forest Canoe Trail.

The picture above has nothing to do with this. But I did have some fun last weekend in the Minneapolis airport while we waited an eon for our delayed plane. Two and a half year old Mesame is Ethiopian, adopted a year ago. Signs well, English is coming along, and a sweeter kid never lived. Her Mom was going a bit stir-crazy so I offered my services. Her comment: "Are you a Grampa?" Nope, not yet, but I am enjoying grandparenthood by proxy as often as I can.

Activities included tracing hands and feet, wearing my Birkenstocks, signing various animals, and drawing animals, and trying to write her name. Over and over again.

Respectfully submitted,

Canoelover

2 comments:

Silbs said...

safe travels. Bring back some good pictures.

Carrie said...

Please, please, please move to the Quince Orchard Ward. I thought about/ missed you all through sacrament meeting yesterday when I was by myself with the little ones. They needed Grandpa Darren.