Friday, August 14, 2009

I had to wait a week to post this...

...so I hope you understand the anguish that tormented my soul while my computer sat at Computer Medics getting a new motherboard and processor.


Here he is, a lovely Libellula saturata, a Flame Skimmer.

What I learned last week:

1) Utah has odonates. Given that it's pretty much a desert, this was a surprise to me.

2) The largest gathering of odonates I saw in Utah was in the parking lot in the middle of Salt Lake City. We were entering the Village Inn Restaurant, and at least a dozen Common Green Darners (Anax junius) were circling a cloud of gnats, picking them off at a leisurely place. It almost looked like cooperative feeding.

2) My family in Utah thinks I'm a bit nuts because of my interest. Not obsession, interest.

More to come later,

Canoelover

No comments: