Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This is getting weird...again....

Why, oh why?

Why do (some) Mormons post pictures on their family blogs of their kids sitting on the can?

It happened again.

This is not an anomaly.  This, as I stated back in April, is not an isolated incident.  I do not go looking for these, they seem to find me.  My blog was listed on a page for other LDS (Mormon) bloggers, and last I looked, mine was one of the few that didn't feature a dozen little blonde curly-haired tykes, some of them going potty on the big toilet.

Maybe I'm overly sensitive, but I must state unequivocably, for the record, that there is no, absolutely no connection between our theology and toilet training.  Zero.  Zilch.  Nada.  There is a rich and interesting history of Mormon doctrine and theology.  None of it mentions Number One or Number Two.  Salvation, Happiness, and Charity, absolutely.  No scriptures on bodily functions (except in the Old Testament, but that doesn't count in my opinion).

Bemused in a sinking sort of way,

  Canoelover


No comments: