Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The DSL was DOA...


...until today. We were forced to huddle around my crackberry to get our internet fix for the day. The geeks at TDS sent us a new modem, I fixed a few wires that had come loose during a remodel, and voila', we're wired up again.

I am, as of this afternoon at 4:37 PM, officially sick and tired of winter. I never would complain about too much snow, especially in years past were the snow cover sucked big time. But now, I would like to state for the record, the blogosphere, and anyone else interested in my whining that I want no more snow. No more 23 below, no more icy roads, no more pushing stupid people out of their snowy tombs. Just this morning a couple Grumpy Samaritans helped push a guy off the sidewalk. I have no idea how fast he was going to clear the berm and end up high-centered with his front wheels on the sidewalk, but my guess is way too fast. Dope.

Snow snow, go away, snow again some other day. I want Spring. Crocuses. Snowdrops. Trout lilies, Pasque flowers, and green things. Most of all, I really could use a few good paddling days, it has been WAY too long.

No comments: