Tuesday, January 29, 2008

To Salt Lake City and back again...

Well, they found my bags...and I survived skankiness through the grace of friends. Noah at Mountain Khakis gave me a pair of Original Mountain Pants. Bill at Icebreaker gave me some underwear and a shirt. Carol at Smartwool gave me socks. I bought a pair of shoes from the Dansko rep. Got a hat from Keith at Ibex, and so I was able to survive an extra day with clean clothes courtesy of my friends.

Being a retailer in our industry is a wonderful thing. Nice people, all love the outdoors, and they're generous when one's bags to go to SCL not SLC. Thank you, everyone, for the extra day. The nose you saved might very well have been your own.


I did get to see Whitney...at school at Brigham Young U. We drove up for the last few hours of the show to see a few friends, and then went to Hires Big H to get a hamburger and a frosty mug of root beer. It was the perfect end to a tiring day. She's not coming home this summer, so our chances to see her are going to be limited moving forward. They grow up and they leave. C'est la vie, but I don't have to like it.

No comments: