Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Another ode post...

Actually, it's not an odonate post. It's a Zygoptera post.

Behind the shop is about as far as I can get these days. 20 minutes after I wolf down a sandwich is my lunchtime break, and I usually take a few pictures just to keep the camera happy.

This is the time when damselflies (suborder Zygoptera) are more abundant and are happier to sit still in the wind, and generally are easier to photograph. The dragonflies (infraorder Anisoptera) are zooming all over so I can't get a decent shot until they chill out a bit.

So here's an Eastern Forktail (Ischnura verticalis). Skittish. This was pretty close.


Here's an Orange Bluet (Enallagma signatum) eating a gnat.


Sorry for the redundancies from the last post, but it was worth it to put the E. signatum eating the gnat on here.

Respectfully submitted,

Canoelover

No comments: