Monday, March 09, 2009

I'm thinking monochrome again...


Maybe it was the woods this morning, but I'm thinking it's time to buy some Ilford Delta 400Pro and shoot some B&W.  I know...it's film.  But y'know, I sorta like the smell of developer.  I like 6x6 negatives.  I like darkrooms and messing with toners.


I'm no Ansel Adams.  I'm not even a Gomez Adams.  My mother-in-law's maiden name was Adams, which is as close as I can claim.  Other than that, I'm a hack.  But even hacks can enjoy themselves in a darkroom with some silver solutions and a little cyanide once in a while.


So after the craziness of Canoecopia goes away, I think I'm going to go get some film.  Let the pixels rot on my SD card for a while.  I think it's time to get back to basics.

Respectfully submitted,

      Canoelover

5 comments:

Binner said...

I LOVE B&W! Just took some pics at work tonight of my dog with them and we had to print them on B&W and the kids still loved them... See you Friday CL!

canoelover said...

Kids are smart. :-) See ya soon...

Mark Ritz said...

I am a huge fan of B&W photography, and as a hack myself, I can say positively, you are no hack!

Unknown said...

No, not Gomez Adams, but Uncle Fester??? Perhaps. By the way...nice shootin'.

Captn O Dark 30 and Super Boo said...

i wish my pics were as nice as yours... remeber hack spelled backwards is kcah, and we know what that means... nice pics!!