Thursday, September 04, 2008

The "Stolen" Paddle

More on the stolen paddle...

So Carl, the guy that owns the apartment building where I liberated the paddle last Monday dropped by the shop today.

I told him the details of the paddle liberation...the stealthy approach...the getaway car in place...the quick retreat. I told him about returning the paddle and placing the twenty bucks on the grip.

Carl started laughing...he didn't even miss the paddle for the few hours it was gone. Indeed, he chastised me for not stealing both of them and keeping them. He was completely flummoxed by the sudden appearance of a twenty affixed to a couple of seven dollar paddles.

So I guess it all worked out in the end. Carl is bringing me the paddles the next time he comes to town. I will definitely keep one as a memento of my career as a thief and scoundrel.

No comments: