Friday, December 21, 2007

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum...cogito...




I love philosophy in the strictest sense of the word - the love of wisdom. Which is why I love this Nietzsche Family Circus. I like the zen-like quality of Bill Keane's drawings, reminiscent of early Charles Schultz, but the captions are usually insipid. So replace the insipid captions like "My dolly wears clothes just like Gramma wore when she was a baby" or whatever with something pithy from our favorite angst-ridden poster boy for a plethora of neuroses and you get something that is seriously cool.

Perhaps Philosophy profs everywhere should take a look at this, sorta like the way biz school types quote Dilbert.

http://www.losanjealous.com/nfc/

Remember, boys and girls, that shared joys make a friend, not shared sufferings.

I need to work up something that this that pairs Kirkegaard with Pearls Before Swine. That would be freaking awesome.


No comments: