Wednesday, February 01, 2006

It's cold and wintery...

It's a wintery week and thoughts turn to warmer times. Our crappy winter has been a nasty excuse for winter...cold, rainy, no snow since before Christmas. All that good skiing is a distant memory. Now I'm thinking about paddling, and there's no turning back. It's Spring, I tell ya.

Anyway, this pic I took last July in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness just a short walk from Little Indian Sioux Falls on the Little Indian Sioux River. It was a maiden voyage for my Nova Craft Prospector 16. Lovely boat, perfect for rivers. Look carefully at the web page and you'll see a red boat with two people in it by a beaver lodge. That's me and my son, Ian.

My friend Jim is driving up this weekend for a little ice paddling. The Lower Wisconsin River is the perfect place, and given how bloody warm it has been there should be plenty of water.


No comments: